To obtain a marriage license in Iron County, apply at the Iron County Clerk’s office between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Men and women 18 years of age and older may contract marriage in Michigan without parental consent.
- For purposes of marriage application, residency is determined by a current valid driver’s license or state-issued I.D.: If one or both person is a Michigan resident–they apply in the county where either applicant lives. The license if valid throughout the state.
- If both person are out-of-state residents–they must apply in the county where they plan to be married. The license is valid in that county only.
- The following is required of BOTH PERSONS at the time of application:
- Valid driver’s license/state-issued I.D. Showing correct address. and/or a Birth Certificate
- Fee per couple: $20.00 for Iron County residents; $30.00 for Out-of-County residents
- If applying by mail, a Xerox copy, front and back, of each person’s Driver’s License/State-Issued I.D. and birth certificate will be accepted.